Windows 7 64bit slow shutdown

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I raised this once before, but cannot remember in which thread, so have started a new one.

Through some unknown action I have acquired a delay and an additional screen display on shutdown.

The shutdown sequence originally went straight into Windows close down and was quite brief. Now there is a delay, then this screen is displayed briefly with no sign of any other program running. This screen then disappears and Windows starts closing as normal.

Examining the system in Task Master shows no "application" running, but about 130 "processes", which appears quite normal. Clicking "Cancel" achieves nothing, nor does "Force shut down", the screen is displayed very briefly, after the initial delay, but I have not found its source.

Any ideas?

Shutdown.JPG

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I raised this once before, but cannot remember in which thread, so have started a new one.

Through some unknown action I have acquired a delay and an additional screen display on shutdown.

The shutdown sequence originally went straight into Windows close down and was quite brief. Now there is a delay, then this screen is displayed briefly with no sign of any other program running. This screen then disappears and Windows starts closing as normal.

Examining the system in Task Master shows no "application" running, but about 130 "processes", which appears quite normal. Clicking "Cancel" achieves nothing, nor does "Force shut down", the screen is displayed very briefly, after the initial delay, but I have not found its source.

Any ideas?

View attachment 3081

I have exactly the same problem with the first Win7 64 bit machine I had built. The new super fast computer I had built does exactly the same things too!! so I am stumped, no one I have asked is offering to fix it either!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Mine does that too, but at least I know what’s causing My Windows the wait, it's the closing theme music that I have selected at shut down.. (10 Seconds)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@Tigerman 's link provides several instructions to manually find the application that is delaying shutdown instead of using the Registry hack. Whatever works without breaking something else is good.

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
Just modify registry value.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I have tried stopping ALL start up programs and it makes no difference.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Emulator, It’s not the START up programs that delays the shut down time, it’s the programs still running when you click shut down.

Here is a little shut down APP. for your desktop, try right clicking on it when you want to shut down, in stead of your usual way to shut down..
Capture.PNG

Rename the file extension to a bat file, before you use.
Works for Win 8 also..

Attachments

• Shutdown.PDF
    167 bytes · Views: 324

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
Last edited:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
In the normal way by editing the start up list.

Latest posts