Windows 10 Drivers

rocker

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
We are currently using an MX850 (and have some spares) so plan on continuing with this model for some time. If we update to Windows 10 and don't care to put up with constant "incompatable driver" warnings (I am assuming that there is a W10 driver available that we can choose to download or ignore), will any W10 drivers include things that will be detrimental to the operation and refilling of our MX850?

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
I don't know the answer for you but I just upgraded to Windows 10 today and both my Canon and Epson printer disappeared. I am a little concerned about how best to reinstall without doing anything that would jeopardize my refillables and CISS. Windows 10 says "nothing will be lost" but my printers both appear to be lost.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The best way to get Win 10 to recognise your printers is to shut down the computer and unplug the USB cables, then turn back on the computer and after a minute plug back in one USB cable and then the other, your system should then find and install a new print driver for each automatically.

Failing that if you have a back-up of your previous O/S, then extract the print drivers from that, because believe it or not they will work in Win 10 too, or better still, check the printer website and download the drivers again.

Win 10 has a very bad habit of frigging with the Registry and shifting some it around, which as we all know, isn’t a good thing to do, maybe someone should mention that to Microsoft, usually a fresh install prevents this.. :confused:

P.S. I don’t work for M/S not do I use Win 10 yet myself, but please give this struggling New Company another 30 years to prove itself.. :gig:lol:

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
Thanks Hat - did as you suggested - both printers are back. :thumbsup