WIFI printer with refillable carts

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
I'm looking for a cheapish wifi printer for my son. He's got young kids and needs a wifi printer so he can store it away from their prying hands. However, I want to be able to refill his carts for him. Personally I have 3 ip4500 & 1 MP610 & 1 ip4200 printers which I keep going with OCP ink & Squeezy bottles from websnail (Octoinkjet). Looking at the Canon choices, it would seem that recent printers only have opaque cartridges (I Know about the cli-521-6 switch). Are there any cheap wifi printers with easy refillable cartridges? I have no knowledge of anything other than Canon printers and just wondered if there was anything else available.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Maybe a solution could be to buy a wired or wireless USB print server to use with one of your PGI-5/CLI-8 printers ? That is if you could spare one of your printers, of course. You could then supply refilled cartridges to your son or teach him the art of refilling. These good old printers are a higher build quality than newer reasonably priced Canon printers. They are also more easily refilled, and the cartridges are higher capacity.

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Thanks for that, it's something I hadn't thought of. Actually he has a printer already which is not wi-fi so he could use that.