Zap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I started refilling with a HP 500, and in the first 5 years of refilling, I saved just a little over $50,000, which I would have spent if I had been buying those HP carts. This has continued over the years, and I lost count of how many refills that I did. But wore out 3 HP500 and 4 HP560? before switching to the Cannon printers. Wore out several of those along the way, and now have 2 Canon MG2520 which We are now in the process of wearing out. The latest, refilled my Black 245 cart 10 times now for this printer, and my wife's 245 Carts 4 times now for her printer. 6 Refills on the color 246 carts for my printer and 3 times for my wife's printer. So how much has it saved me???? To date, on the 245 cart a saving of over $300, in a few months, 10 refills on mine, and 4 refills on my wife's. The color carts not filled as often, but refilled at least 6 times between both of the printers.

I use to buy my ink by the gallon, but now only by 18 oz bottles in black and 4.5 oz of each color. I printed church newsletters (6-8 pages each) for three churches and a mailing list, for more than 5 years.

Is Refilling Worth the effort?? It is UNLESS, you don't print more than a few pages a month.

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 & Panny KX-MB271
It would be nicer if these printer manufacturers stop screwing their customers and price their products accordingly (reasonless profit) and allow 3rd party refilling with no restrictions.

These greedy corporate types wouldn't last if they tried the same scam selling motor vehicles that only could use their fuel. Concentrate on the product, not the supplies. :rolleyes:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Do you remember Rockefeller - giving away oil lamps in China - and selling the oil ? Only such approach creates an ongoing revenue stream - not doing a one-time sale of a printer

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It would be nicer if these printer manufacturers stop screwing their customers and price their products accordingly (reasonless profit) and allow 3rd party refilling with no restrictions.

These greedy corporate types wouldn't last if they tried the same scam selling motor vehicles that only could use their fuel. Concentrate on the product, not the supplies. :rolleyes:

@videobruce, but there’re not screwing the customer as you so boldly put it, and they are pricing their inks accordingly, very few of their loyal customers are actually refill, so they must be doing something right, and as for motor vehicles, they do the very same thing too, its called petroleum not ink, and look how popular the car has become..:hu

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
...... Is Refilling Worth the effort?? It is UNLESS, you don't print more than a few pages a month.

Even if I only printed one page per month, I would still refill.

Why? Because Canon's attitude ticks me off.

Last edited: