Why does somebody call a thermal printer low-end?

John Smitha

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Munbyn 941
I asked my colleague to help me with my thermal printer. And he said the thermal printers were low-end printers.
I am so shocked.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Which printer model are you talking about ? and what is the problem with this printer ?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Maybe it's the Superspam markII

John Smitha

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Munbyn 941
The printer model is Munbyn P941. And at that time, my printer printed extra blank labels after printing.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not familiar with this type of label printer, but thermal printing generally is a typical printing technology for shipping/adddress label printing. Your problem of blank labels can have several reasons - a malfunction of the printer - an interface problem or a software/driver problem, and not all printers are suitable for all printing jobs - it could be an issue of the usage rate, formatting problems, availability of consumables and many more reasons - but those are not related to the printing technology as such. I don't think I can be of help any further

Last edited:

John Smitha

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Munbyn 941
Thank you very much for your patient reply. You are such a nice person.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The printer model is Munbyn P941. And at that time, my printer printed extra blank labels after printing.
If it's anything like the Zebra G420d then you need to look up how to recalibrate the printer to the media it's using. For the Zebra it's a case of pressing and holding the button until you get a double flash then release but I'd expect your printer has a different process.

This is one of those cases when reading the manual is going to help. Look up calibration and you should be able to get it resolved.

These printers are not photo printers though...They're very basic and designed for labelling tasks, not office or image printing.

John Smitha

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Munbyn 941
If it's anything like the Zebra G420d then you need to look up how to recalibrate the printer to the media it's using. For the Zebra it's a case of pressing and holding the button until you get a double flash then release but I'd expect your printer has a different process.

This is one of those cases when reading the manual is going to help. Look up calibration and you should be able to get it resolved.

These printers are not photo printers though...They're very basic and designed for labelling tasks, not office or image printing.
Wow. Thanks for your reply! So nice all of you.