Who Is Nifty-Stuff.com

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hi There!

My name is Rob Ludlow and you'll probably see me around on the forums. I thought I'd post a quick introduction so you know who I am and why I'm on here so much!

I'm an inkjet printer / refill junkie who stumbled upon Neil's website and was totally impressed. I had actually purchased the i560 and i860 prior to reading Neal's great page. At the end of October I noticed that Neil had started up an inkjet forum which is something I've always wanted to do, but not being an expert I put it off.

Well, when I noticed that Neil was using Yahoo as his forum host, and that they were plastering his forum with advertisements I offered to lend my expertise and resources to create the new and improved InkJet Stuff Forum!

Neil and I are working together to make this the best Inkjet forum on the internet! Let us know if you have any suggestions!

Happy Printing!

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Great site. Finally some assistance in the last frontier of photography!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
wrbjr,

Thanks for the comment! We (Neil and I) really wanted to put a site together that would allow people to discuss the great info found on his site and to share experiences and ask questions.

We've got a great group on this forum... I've already learned quite a bit myself!

If you (or anyone else) have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Oh, and please remember to spread the word about the forum!

:)

ken

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ken here,
Appreciate the info.
The site is great, stumled across it about a week ago.
I have the i9900, previously shared the i900D wilth my empoyer.
Comuter is Sony VAIO laptop. I have been pointed toward profiling and told the 1st
step is to CALIBRATE the monitor. How does one calibrate a laptop screen? Which
device is best suited for the task?
Thank!

Tysonic

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Here's what you need:
http://www.pantone.com/products/pro...Area=2&idProduct=321&idArticleType_Products=0

This product worked great on my 17" LCD monitor.

Pretty simple, just install the software, plug in the spyder (USB), and attach to the LCD screen. Run through the program (it's pretty much automatic), and it will put a special profile in the startup file so that it's loaded everytime.

Compare the profiled monitor to your printouts, if they are still way off you'll have to calibrate the printer.

Tyson

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Rob - thanks for the good work you and Neil are doing. As a retired orthodontist, I approach most tasks with an extremely compulsive, scientific approach. Hence, the side-by-side paper comparisons I've reported on several posts with adjustment for reducing color intensity for better skin tones. I went through several degrees of intensity reduction before settling on -4 to -6 on a I960 printer (purchased after reading Neil's info) and Kirkland, Epson glossy, and Canon Pro paper. I might add that I had tried MIS refill inks for my Epson Stylus 900 and the print colors were way off. They tried to work with me with different printer color profiles but nothing worked out. After assurance from Neil that they were good people and that the Canon refill inks were excellent I contacted MIS again and they were kind enough to credit me for the Epson materials I had purchased and send me a set of their empty carts and a set of refill inks for the I960. I couldn't be more pleased with their Canon products and their response, and I appreciate that Neil steered me back to them after my false start with the Epson materials.