Which Printer for high quality logo printing on certificates

Nayyar Raza

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 1020
I am looking for a printer which can print high quality certificates with logos. I am wondering whether inkjet printer or colour laserjet printers will be good enough for this job. I want that such certificates which will be printed onnsome high qualuty paper should not be affected by water or faded by sunlight but I also need very high quality of graphics.
So kindly advise me which printer should I buy for this job. Any help would be much appreciated

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Most Inkjets theses days will print high quality for you, but it also depends on the paper you use, a lot of papers are not inkjet friendly.

Colour lasers are the same regards paper quality but are a bit more tolerant on most, but again thickness can cause a lot of issues with paper jams with lasers.

If you decide on an inkjet, then check out what’s available in the local stores, take some paper along with you and see if the printer can feed the quality you had in mind, or check on line for printing specifications on any printer, try the Canon Maxify for starters.
Only pigment printer will fall into your specific category...

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Which is the size of these documents - A4 ? I would recommend an Epson printer in the Workforce range running with Durabrite pigment inks or a Canon printer with pigment inks (Maxify range )- pigment inks for the best fade resistance. You would need special inkjet papers which are available in a wide range of surfaces from matte, special surface structures for certificates to semimatte, silk, to high gloss versions. If you tend to rather thick papers a printer with a paper feed option from the back for a straight pass through could eliminate jams with such papers.

Nayyar Raza

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 1020
Thanks for your valuable inputs. Very much appreciated. I will be using A4 size paper probably medium thickness with some matte sort of finish.