Which OctoInk for a Epson ET-2550??

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
A relative just before Christmas went out and bought a ET-2550 Epson which was substaintially reduced in price....
https://www.epson.co.uk/products/printers/inkjet-printers/consumer/ecotank-et-2550

Just wondering what would be the best compatible ink from OctoInk for this model. There is a lot of choice for Epson models...
http://www.octoink.co.uk/categories/Bulk-Ink/Epson-Compatible/
Claria Compatible
Dye Compatible
Durabrite Compatible
EcoTank Compatible
Photo Pigment inks
Powerchrome K3
OCP inks

I know it uses dye based ink so im guessing appropriate coloured ink from either the Dye Compatible or EcoTank Compatible section will do the trick, but which?

Or would something else from the above categories work even better in it?

PS been a while good to see this place and many regs are still around :)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
the ET2500/2550 got successors with the ET2600/2650. They use a mixed inkset - a matte pigment ink for plain paper and dye CMY inks. This means that the drivers mixes black from the colors when a photo paper is selected in the driver. Do some tests on photo paper whether that's o.k. for you, or you may use as well a dye black ink - Claria - and use the inkjet paper setting instead to print onto glossy photo papers , it'll use the black ink in this mode as well. The edge sharpness on plain paper with a dye black ink is slightly reduced caused by the fibers in the paper. Test that as well whether it is acceptable this way or the other way .

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just wondering what would be the best compatible ink from OctoInk for this model. There is a lot of choice for Epson models...
Hi @CakeHole and welcome back, there should be no need to worry about compatible inks for a long time with that printer, because 70 ml of ink will last for ages.

But if you really want to know which ink to recommend then Email Martin and ask ?, from what I know it’s just a bog standard 4 colour dye ink and any of the compatibles inks for Epson printers would work, But Martin can give you much better advise than I can... :hu

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Hi @CakeHole and welcome back, there should be no need to worry about compatible inks for a long time with that printer, because 70 ml of ink will last for ages.

But if you really want to know which ink to recommend then Email Martin and ask ?, from what I know it’s just a bog standard 4 colour dye ink and any of the compatibles inks for Epson printers would work, But Martin can give you much better advise than I can... :hu

Yeah was more a general question of interest at the moment rather than buying. As you point out the ink will last them a while yet, its not even a quarter gone.

All 4 inks as you also point out seem to just be standard dye ink (or as close to standard as it gets for branded ink).

I did not really want to bother Martin direct at the moment, he may be going through emails/notes and might even still be catching up on general orders or just general other business stuff from the Xmas period. I may bother him when it is my relatives birthday this summer, a set of 125ml or 250ml ink will be an easy but well received gift :)

Good to hear from you @The Hat sorry ive been away a while it was a hectic year in general for me.

Vorkolor

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250
I'd assume the "EcoTank compatible" inks are the ones he'd recommend for your EcoTank printer.

Latest posts