Which latest printers have refillable carts?

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
My refilling expertise lies solely in the Canon printers area. However, reading various posts on this forum it would seem that it's not only Canon which is trying its hardest to prevent refilling.

No doubt the fall in printer sales to the general public is fuelling this stance.

There are some 'veteran' refillers on here who have experience of other printer manufacturers, than my own and it would be extremely useful to know if it is still possible to purchase a new printer which has refillable carts.

Other than that is it possible to purchase good quality aftermarket refillable carts which can be reset?

Apologies if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer on the forum

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Try the AIO Brother printers, their pretty good and easy to refill, failing that there is the Canon Pro 9000 and Pro 100..:)

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Many thanks

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Have been researching the latest Brother printers with the LC123 carts and from what I can gather the original carts seem like a pain to refill and of course you have to buy a chip resetter.

There are refillable carts with no sponges, which seems a good change from my Canon printers. However, they come with a warning that the latest printers have a firmware update which renders the ARC chips useless.

Can anyone comment on this?

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Practically any printer with chips today (which is most of them) will need a chip resetter if you want to do things right so that part of your decisions making should pretty much be ignored.

Refillable carts with ARC chips have known issues on Epson and Brother (firmware updates as you mention can cause havoc). Not sure if this symptom has made its way to Canon after market refill/ARC carts, but i think on them the ink level resets on power off.

If refilling is a priority pick based on how easy the cart itself is to refill, then worry about the other things. Personally for what is likely to be around £10 (whatever that is in your money) id buy a chip resetter device regardless if you plan on refilling, it will be useful to have around even if you go for ARC carts. If one of the ARC chips fail you can then shove an OEM chip on it and just reset them.