1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: How to take pictures of gloss differential properly?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy Canon Pro-100 carts?

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by MikeH, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Sep 11, 2017
    MikeH

MikeH Newbie to Printing

I know you may think I'm crazy... I've probably purchased 5 or 6 or 7 gallons of a variety of refill inks for my Canons, going back to my BJC210 in the late 1990's (?).

But, (and thanks to you posters here), I purchased a Pro-100 from B&H on one of their $250 deals. However, I print very little... I do "4x5" photography so my TIFF files are quite large, but I don't sell any of it. I've had the Pro-100 in operation for maybe 9 months now, and am only now getting my 1st "low ink" warning on one of the greys... So, it seems easier for me to buy the 8 cart OEM pack, which B&H (and others) are selling for $125 and not go through the effort to re-fill... I might change my mind later.

Does anyone have a recommended place to buy the carts? $125 seems like the lowest. Thanks.

2. Sep 11, 2017
    Tin Ho

Tin Ho Print Addict

Have you checked ebay? There are people selling new Pro-100 for $130 - $150. Some of the sellers actually take the print head out and sell them for $120. They sell the unused set of OEM carts cheaply too. By parting out and selling them separately they get more money than selling the printer as a whole.

Don't know what they will do with the new printer without print head nor ink. I picked one up for $10. It is only taking up space in my house though.

3. Sep 11, 2017
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Buy another discounted Pro 100 from B&HPhoto or Adorama and keep or sell the print head and the printer body.

PalaDolphin, avolanche and The Hat like this.
  4. Sep 12, 2017
    Drjim

Drjim Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Cannon ts9020 pro100
    The "body" is the zombie home of your next pro100 when your print head dies or the waste tank fills up.

5. Sep 12, 2017
    kdsdata

kdsdata Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    PIXMA Pro-100 / Xerox 6515 WC
    Hello @MikeH:
    I have purchased 2 set used OEM CLI-42 carts very successfully from OctoInkjet. Way less than the $100-$125 you see on eBay. But they are not always in stock, so keep checking their website, that's what I did for my second set.

I then flushed, dried, and refilled them without problems. They are working fine. My second set is now on the shelf, waiting for it's "tour of duty". I also purchase OctoInkjet inks.

My caveat emptor, if you buy their (OctoInkjet) inks also, don't mix with other inks. They may work, they may (quite possibly) not work. For various reasons. Be it incompatibility (gel issue), or tone variations, etc. It's just not worth any potential problems, especially considering the "yellow" gel issue. If you want to convert to some other ink, spend the time, clean and dry your carts. It's not really hard once you investigate all the good videos (such as Jose Rodriguez) that are on youtube. I am satisfied I did.