When is a Spammer not a Spammer ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
When he has just been zapped... :smack :plbb

A big thank you to all you guys that help keep this site free from spammers, it’s nice to know that we have eyes and ears watching everywhere.:hugs
It sure helps me a lot... :eek: :thumbsup

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Agreed!

We have a bunch of anti-spam tools in place to try and keep spammers out, but it's also a balance because we don't also want to catch potential legit members in that net.

That being the case, sometimes the crafty spammers slip through. Thankfully we have a great team to help keep them from staying long ;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thankfully we have a great team
I agree, but, where have they been? The only Moderator I see on the forum is @The Hat. Occasionally @sumi , an Administrator, comments and we know she does the image of the week contest.

I get the feeling that without The Hat this forum would not be near the order and quality it is today.

A huge thank you to Rob for the forum, Sumi for keeping the foto flame alive even when there is a drought of images, and The Hat for his Herculean efforts managing the forum.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@The Hat - You deserve the recognition, even if you are a bot that Rob coded. :D

@Nifty - I miss the the other Moderators and wonder what has become of them. Great guys.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
On all my forums I usually try to balance the workload and number of moderators. Fortunately with PK we don't have as much problem with squabbles, fights, etc. as on my other forums, so the need for moderation (and more moderators) is relatively low.

That said, I too miss the activity of some that you mention, but I also recognize that lives, interests, and priorities change over time.

If @The Hat (or anybody else) says that we need more help, I'll definitely make sure we have it and/or get it covered.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@Nifty - Thank you for the feedback. Your forum is the best run I visit and that is not by chance. You select quality individuals to run the forum. It shows. I hope you are a business owner or manage a department of one because you would be successful.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I appreciate the kind remarks, but honestly, it's because of all of our amazing members like you that keep this community a great place to share information.

That said, I'm definitely open to feedback and ideas to improve things (forum tool/features, usability, policies, forum organization, moderation, etc.), so don't hesitate to share your thoughts!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@Nifty

puppy-1.gif

Aw, shucks. :D