When 3rd party is better than an OEM product.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If any of you guys are contemplating the use of GO for testing in your cartridges, this message is just for you.

The best Gloss Optimiser for the job is I.S. GO for two reasons,
one it give good coverage over all your lovely photo prints and two which is the most important here,
it doesnt harm your print head.

I used OEM Gloss Otimiser for one of my tests in my cartridges; it turned out it was totally useless altogether for the job,
because it burned out my print head in a matter of minutes,
and my advice to you is just DONT USE THE STUFF.

Whatever way this OEM GO is made or its Viscosity it wont flow out of a cartridge at all
with the result it starves the print head of vital moisture which results in permanent nozzle damage.

I am not promoting the use of I.S. GO here in this thread but I suppose I should be,
but what I am strongly suggesting is not to make the same mistake I made
by using Canon GO and buggering up a perfectly good working print head.

Foot Note I never had any problems whatsoever while use I.S. GO in any of my printers before..:)

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I wonder if the OEM GO cartridge is constructed differently for it flow properly. Blimey what a way to find out the OEM GO is a problem in a PGI9 cartridge. If I wasn't a poor ole pensioner I would chip in for a new printhead for you as we all benefit from your testing. Maybe Stratman who's very rich will send a donation:)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I think the word is "Ouch!"... Sorry to hear about the burnout but I suppose the silver lining is in what does work...

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Hat. So let me get this straight. You used OEM PRO-1 Chroma Optimizer or what printer?
I know I should know this but hey, I forgot what I did 5 minutes ago.
So if I was to use OEM PRO-1 GO on say, my 9500MKII I would burn out the head? Even if I loaded it onto a Flushed MK OEM cart? Or are we talking about something entirely different here?

Thanks

Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
jtoolman said:
So if I was to use OEM PRO-1 GO on say, my 9500MKII I would burn out the head? Even if I loaded it onto a Flushed MK OEM cart?
Or are we talking about something entirely different here?

Thanks

Joe
Yes that is what I am saying, the stuff is poison to any PGI-9 cart printer.
I.S. GO on the other hand has no problems.
Amazing isnt it.. :hide

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I once burned a print head when I forgot to unseal the air inlet ports.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Hat, so the Gloss Optimizer for Canon that Mikling sent me a sample should be OK on the PRO 9500 MKII since I am sure it is not OEM?

Just making sure mate!

Joe

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Jose I have done about 20 A3 prints & 10 A4s with IS GO in my mat black cartridge in the pro9500 with no problems at all. I've even left the MB with GO in it in the printer when I'm printing semi gloss & glossy papers. I've also not printed for about a week & the everything including the GO worked fine.
There must be some consistency difference between IS GO & OEM GO for the OEM not to flow out of the PGI 9 cartridge a.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
There are two types of GO by IS. Are you using the one for the Canon or the one for the Epson?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
jtoolman said:
There are two types of GO by IS. Are you using the one for the Canon or the one for the Epson?
Thats a good question, but it really doesnt matter because the I.S. GO works safely in the Canon and I think that's the answer,
I wouldnt have recommend it had it not been safe to use.

The many time I have used I.S. GO in my 9500 / 7000 it worked very well,
the only reason I wanted to use the OEM GO was to see if it was any better on the glossy paper.

There is also a different OEM GO thats in the Pro 1 PGI-29 cartridge that will also work safely, but is not as good as the I.S. stuff,
the GO that caused me the major problems was the stuff from the very large PGI-9 clear cartridge.

If we dont keep testing everything out then well never win our home games, so yes we do lose a team player or two in the process
but we have saved hundreds already by our own ingenuity..:)