What to do with an Epson Workforce 1100

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Welp, been gone over a year due to family emergencies and otherwise being too busy to play with my printers.

I'm hoping I can get my 1400s working again after such a long downtime. If not I'll have to get a refurb R2000...

Anyway my main question is what to do with the Workforce 1100. I actually bought some new carts for it when I saw a really good deal on them, since the junk CIS I got from InkJatCurts never worked properly, but now I'm wondering whether to even keep it or junk it. I've always been annoyed at Epson's 4-color business pigment printers never being able to print a vibrant cyan, it wasn't any better than the old C88/C88+, what would come out as good cyan on an HP 8500A (which uses 4-color pigment inks) and a 1400 with pigment aftermarket refills would come out as dull navy or denim blue. Printing calibration/profile swatchbooks; none of the blue squares would be bright (whether I used OEM or refill inks). I really don't want to keep it if I can't come up with an extremely good reason, as I need the room. I just picked up an HP m251nw color laser on clearance to use as an "everyday color printer" - I also have special foil and transfer papers that I needed a laser printer for. It can't do wide format, but if I get my 1400s (one dye one pigment) running again I can always use those...

Anyone used one of these with "nonstandard" inks, whether shades-of-grey B&W photo inksets, heat press inks, dye-sublimation inks, etc?