Welcome to the InkJet Stuff Forums

admin

Newbie to Printing
Administrator
Reaction score
We've put together an exciting new forum for you to post questions, comments and answers regarding anything InkJet (or printing) related. Look around and read information on everything you ever wanted to know about InkJet printers, cartridges, refilling, printing, and more!

This is the very first post in the InkJet forums. Please post you comments, feedback and questions.

If you have any general forum questions, comments, or suggestions, post them here: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=1

Again, welcome to the Inkjet Stuff Forums :)

neilslade

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well-- I'm impressed!!!!

Welcome to all Ink Jet Stuff enthusiasts!

Neil Slade

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Yeah, welcome! Tell all your friends about it!

OldYeller

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I bought a new canon ip3300 printer for my wife when her 3 year old 360 finally broke down. Now I have a problem. This new printer keeps flashing 15 times which means the Ink (black) needs replacing. The Black cartridge is completely full. I take it out and put it back and the red light comes on. Then when it boots, it starts blinking again. By taking that cartridge out and looking at the Chip yesterday have caused it to think it's out of ink? There's no soultion in the manual except get a new cartridge. anyone have any suggestions? I found this board through the Ink Jet forum.

thanks

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Still under warranty? Call Canon Tech support. I've read some posts about the printer not recognizing a Canon brand cartridge or telling you it is empty. Possibily a faulty chip or a printer problem. Perhaps they will authorize a cartridge exchange. The only way you will know is to get a new cartridge and try it.

just thought of another way - if you are near the store where you bought it and they have that unit or another one that takes the same cartridge on display you could try your cartridge in their printer to see if the cartridge is faulty. Problem is that leaving a cartridge out invites a clogged printhead from the ink drying out in it. Sounds like a lot of trouble, but you could take the whole printer in and only have the cartridge out for the time it takes to exchange cartridges and diagnose the problem.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have had a brand new OEM Canon cartridge malfunction because the chip was faulty. The printer thought there were two of the same kind of color cartridges installed.

I noted the error message, particularly the error code, called Cannon tech support and they overnighted me a new cartridge that worked perfectly, all at no charge since I was covered by the warranty.

I suggest you note the error message and call Canon tech support if still under the warranty. If not, then try another new cartridge.

Please post all the error messages you get here so maybe someone can be of better help.