1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: What Old Ink Can Do
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Weird colour banding on Pro-1

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by The Ragster, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Nov 21, 2018
    The Ragster

The Ragster Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro-1
    When I rebuilt my printer after fitting my Potty, the nozzle check and first prints were as perfect as before. Then I decided to do a A3+ (SuperB) print and noticed horizontal banding. It seems to be getting worse with every print. Attached are the new nozzle checks on both plain and Oyster paper. Has my printhead suddenly gone? I did a standard clean, but this made no odds. Would a deep clean be the next step?

Attached Files:

2. Nov 21, 2018
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Looks like horrible ink contamination of one or more of the Magentas or Red plus one or more of the Grays or Blacks. Check the cartridges and the print head for leaked ink and that all are seated properly and he print head is locked in position (if there is a lever which locks it down).

Once you fix he contamination/leaking hen you can move on to the banding/streaking.

Normal nozzle check:

[​IMG]

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/PRO-1 v1-1 series/EN/BG/Bg-Maintenance1300.html

3. Nov 21, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    No.. !
    I can’t make a clear decision as to what the problem could be just yet, but you do have some grey contamination on block (2) and the cyan is missing on the second print, and it could be just waste ink coming from the purge pads.

I would first try and clean the purge station (Pads) the pump could be bunged up with ink, because you said in your other thread that there wasn’t any ink coming out of the waste tube yet.

Try pouring window cleaner onto the pads, use a large syringe to douse the whole area and then try a normal head clean, then let the printer sit for ½ hour and then try another nozzle check, it’s unlikely you have a cartridge leak, but try this first..

4. Nov 22, 2018
    The Ragster

The Ragster Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro-1
    I gave the cleaning pads a good clean, removed the printhead and cleaned that up (although it didn't look too bad). When re-assembled. it appeared nothing had changed, except one of the nozzle groups was particularly worse. So I did a few system cleans of that and lo-and-behold it improved. I repeated this with the other two group and all is now well. I also noted that the potty started to fill up - surely a good sign. It is truly shocking to see how much ink gets purged! So I'm not sure if I have just got a blocked purge pipe, or what, but all is now well. Thank you again guys for all your help.

The Hat and PeterBJ like this.
  5. Nov 22, 2018
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Thanks for the feedback. Happy to hear your printer is back in working order. Good job. :thumbsup