Printer Model
Canon pixma TS9020

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
When I compare file names and -sizes for drivers from the two download sites with those from the Canon US website they seem to be identical. So to me it looks like the Win XP support is a false claim or a misunderstanding.

How about upgrading your computer to Windows 7? An upgrade version was originally less expensive than the normal OEM or Retail versions. I think you might find one at a reasonable price at Ebay. See this and this.

randyr5

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-8550
When I compare file names and -sizes for drivers from the two download sites with those from the Canon US website they seem to be identical. So to me it looks like the Win XP support is a false claim or a misunderstanding.

How about upgrading your computer to Windows 7? An upgrade version was originally less expensive than the normal OEM or Retail versions. I think you might find one at a reasonable price at Ebay. See this and this.

Agree. Little to no support for XP any more.

Tecolote

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma TS9020

Nope, if I had wanted to fool with Win7 I could of continued using the library computers/printers, and saved a lot of money. When library replaced XP Pro with Vista I hated it, and now I'm hating Win7 more, so I vowed to get back my XP Pro, and I did. Would not have anything else on my first home PC, although I am fooling around with Linux on the side, but that is of no help, as Canon ignores Linux too. Guess I'll have to send Canon Pixma TS9020 to the recyclers, eat the $70 loss, and save up for another inkjet. Definitely never buy Canon again!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Tecolote, O’ boy, so you reckon its better to shoot the messenger because you don’t like the message, because using XP on the Web is a huge liability to all of us and not just yourself, and if you had cared to read the message first, you might have found that out too.

And as for buying the wrong printer and then blaming it on the Print Manufacturer, come on, cope on to yourself, try thinking before engaging you brain because you need open your eyes to the world out there.

Decisions are not difficult, and sometimes you can get it wrong, shit happens, but don’t expect us to keep giving you advise when your clearly not prepared to except it, O’ and the messenger was your friend.... :hu

randyr5

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-8550
So you choose to use an obsolete OS and then blame Canon? XP was a great OS, but people, manufacturers and Microsoft have moved on. You can't expect manufacturers to perpetually support an OS that the creator doesn't even support anymore.

Last edited:

Tecolote

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma TS9020
@Tecolote, O’ boy, so you reckon its better to shoot the messenger because you don’t like the message, because using XP on the Web is a huge liability to all of us and not just yourself, and if you had cared to read the message first, you might have found that out too.

And as for buying the wrong printer and then blaming it on the Print Manufacturer, come on, cope on to yourself, try thinking before engaging you brain because you need open your eyes to the world out there.

Decisions are not difficult, and sometimes you can get it wrong, shit happens, but don’t expect us to keep giving you advise when your clearly not prepared to except it, O’ and the messenger was your friend.... :hu

Get a grip...no one is shooting the messenger. You like Vista, Win7, or whatever? Love it to death and back, then love it some more. I'm a XP Pro user. I love it just as much, so deal with it. There's probably thousands of XP users, and add in the governmentals and companies, that number may reach into the million. Is all us sticking with XP ruining your day and making you feel all insecure? Not my problem. If your chosen OS is sooo much more secure than mine, that ain't your problem either.

As for buying the wrong printer, I did my due diligence with Google. Those two links claimed there was XP drivers, so how was I supposed to know they were bogus? I don't blame Canon for that, but the fact Canon obviously don't give a rats rump about us XP Pro users, and even less about Linux users, means I can return the favor in spades, so no, I will never buy Canon again. Why the hell would I buy from a company whose products are useless to me, and since I'm sticking with XP and Linux, will always be useless?

As for the advice, just because you give it does not mean I have to agree with every detail, and swallow it hook, line, and sinker. The first part was fine...did not like hearing I wasted $70, but it was better to know than not know. As for the second part, I did not agree with it, told him why, and if that makes me the enemy, tough tulips.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Tecolote, I am sorry, but I just can’t respond to your current post above, it’s simply beyond me, no dough others will, and since advice here is free to those that seek it, but is often wasted on the overly smart...:smack