Upgraded to Bigger...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Since @Nifty brought up the broken wire problem on his MP Mini, I upgraded mine quickly using a couple of cable ties, and now my printer sounds like an old wooden sailing boat gently rocking in the breeze, each time the cable ties rub off the toothed gear wheel in its travels, it makes a lovely creaking noise.

Well I’ve gone and done it today, I ordered me a new CR 10, if this doesn’t cure my addiction for bigger better things then nothing can, I can’t wait to start assembling it and put it through its paces, I still must pay custom & excise when it arrives...

It doesn’t look as sexy and as beautiful as the MP Mini does, but monsters seldom come gift wrapped in big bows... :woot

CR 10.png

http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_441282.html?lkid=10856124

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Wow, congrats!!!

I think I'm destined to keep following you along this path since I too am looking at the same device!

I did read somewhere that the CR-10 quality depends upon the source. They said, "Beware of Banggood and Gearbest. Pay a little more and get one from Tiny Machines."... not sure how much validity is in that since a lot of the guys online got their printers from these two suppliers.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I don’t think it really matters who you get your printer from, because they are shipped directly from China anyway, well the one I’m getting was.

Tiny Machines I reckon are gilding the lily quite a bit with their pricing structure, it’s practically the same printer but at almost double the price, when it comes down to it, I’ll now soon enough myself, I’m happy with my purchase...;)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
@TheHat...
Well I remember when you said your printing cave was so full up with inkjets that you couldn't fit anything else in it. Now it seems the 3D's are about to take over and oust the current inhabitants :hide

Better be careful you don't run both of the 3D's at the same time. If they begin talking to each other you are screwed, as they will take over your printing cave and god help you if you try to get in there :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well I remember when you said your printing cave was so full up with inkjets that you couldn't fit anything else in it
If I have too, I’ll box up a couple of my inkjet printers, future progress will be in 3D now...:D

I’ll not be getting anymore new inkjet printers, Mrs The Hat has said “NO More”... :(
P.S. She likes the idea of 3D printers, she’s even given me a few new ideas of her own...:) :weee

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ok @The Hat , not to be out-done, I just pre-ordered the CR-10 from BangGood. They have an 11% off anniversary coupon, so I was able to get it pre-ordered for $382.09 shipped!

... now to decide if I keep my Mini or return it!?!?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
@Nifty... If you are lucky you will get the newest version which is due anytime now.

Latest posts