Unable to find new print head for Pro9000 MK2

Helen Basler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro9000 mk2
Can anyone tell me where i can buy a new print head? I have searched and searched

Helen Basler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro9000 mk2
Thanks for answering. I live in the US and I need one as fast as possible. All of a sudden my prints are way off color and a print test keeps showing trouble with the magenta having lines. I refill with Precision inks. I have done numerous cleanings. It won't let me do a print head alignment and gives error 255 I think. From everything i've been reading the magenta is a common problem with this printer and I just assumed it is a bad print head. I use the printer daily for black printing and now have a large project coming up where I need color. I would consider a new photo printer if I can refill and really don't need another large format.

Helen Basler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro9000 mk2
Ok I will try. We live in a rural area and hard to find them, but I will look, thanks!

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
If the lines are real systematic and regular, that would indicate an electronic or head problem. If the problem is a little streakiness or feathering out at the end of each stroke, it could be either head or cartridge, but more likely a cartridge thing, I think.

Helen Basler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro9000 mk2
Dang, yes they are systematic and regular...just ordered new cartridges from Amazon:)

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Maybe post a test and let the experts take a look at it.

If it is the head, of course you can try remounting it and/or cleaning contacts.

Helen Basler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro9000 mk2
Ok tell me just how to do this, sorry. Do you mean print a page of the nozzle check and then scan ?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Have you tried Canon, USA parts department? They have the cheapest print heads in the USA, and they should be available for 5 years (or so)...

Genuine Canon replacement service parts, including inkjet printer print heads are available to purchase by calling the Canon Parts Order Desk at (866) 481-2569.