Trouble sending fax

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
HP Inkjet OfficeJet Pro

I have been trying to send a fax for a couple of days with no luck. It has worked many times in the past with no problems. I am using a MagicJack but that has not been a problem in the past and since I have two of their devices I tried on both. I called MJ and they reset the device for me and still no joy. They suggested setting the baud rate to the lowest on the OJP which I did and no luck

I get a dialing and then an answer and then a hiss for a second or two and then silence.

Anyone have any ideas?

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
Thanks The Hat,
I hear ya, but unfortunately the Canadian Gov't does accept them.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I hear ya, but unfortunately the Canadian Gov't does accept them.

@flyboy, sorry for the quick joke at your expense, I taught I was the one living in a backward part of the world...:hide

You can get an Email App that sends Fax, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of today’s phones can take a Pic, then convert to text and send as Fax...

I am told the darn things can do almost everything..:hu
P.S. the Canon Maxify can send Fax..

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
Thanks The Hat,

I looked at one app but decided not to at this point.

Mac computers can also send a fax but there has to be a fax capable machine hooked up to it.

My machine gives an error code of 388 which basically says there is too much noise on the line. It is a MagicJack connection but I don't think it is the MJ. However I don't hear any noise on the phone but hunose.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I reckon your MJ maybe bunched because if you have a good line with normal conversation and no crackling then your line is good, but Fax can run on even the poorest lines, the Fax baud rate is so slow, broadband is a totally different kettle of fish...

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
My have two phone lines are both MJ. This makes me believe that the HP is the common denominator. I am considering resetting the printer but have thus far chickened out because I am using refilled cartridges and I know that I have set preferences to allow for this and don't remember what I did.

BTW I got the info on this site. Thanks very much!