Titles on the Forum

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Rob,

I realize that the number of posts on the forum determine what title a person gets. In my case, I don't feel I deserve the title "Inkjet Guru" as yet, no matter how many posts I have posted.

Perhaps you could have a "title reduction-by-request" rule.

For instance, if I reached the number of posts that routinely determine my title as "Inkjet Guru", but I thought I only merited some lesser title, so as to not mislead the members who don't know me or my work, I would be allowed to opt for a title reduction to some less inkjet-knowledgeable sounding title.

If and when a "title reduction-by-request" rule were to be established, I would request a reduction from "Inkjet Guru" to something like: "Wise and Creative Genius" :p perhaps with a sub-title* "Who is only a beginner with Inkjets".

Comments?

I was at least half serious, really.

*Sub-titles are very popular in book, movie, and TV titles, so why not in people titles?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
hahaha.... very interesting dilemma for sure!

The titles are for fun more than anything and I think the majority of site visitors get that. If anyone is truly concerned about it we can do the following:

1) Can you edit your "title" in your profile settings under "Personal"?
2) You could add something in your profile or signature that says "I'm not an Inkjet Guru... I just play one on TV.... er... the forum!"
3) I can change your post count to send you back to newbie! ;)
4) I can change your "Title" in your profile.

Latest posts