Time to Do a bit of 3D House Cleaning…

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
After spending so much time reproducing my lamp standard (Twice) I figured it was time to strip down the CR-10 and do some cleaning, replacing parts and anything else I could think of because this girl deserves it after the ordeal I put her through.

Could anyone say that their inkjet printer could work day and night for 4 months solid without falling apart or at least needing, replacement parts, because when they built this Cr-10 they made a good one that’s for sure, but it will still will need some replacement. (Fans etc.) !

But looking at my Ender 2 printer I decided to start with that one first, and completely revamp the way it looked and preformed, I wanted to use a bigger Hot end but the Firmware wouldn’t take it, so I have to settle with the one it’s got, and proceeded to smash it to pieces anyway.

I figured the CR-10 could wait a while and could act as back up for any parts I might need in my hours of craziness, and with the Chinese New Year being extended for health reasons, my replacement parts won’t be shipped for another week or greater, so this project is going to take a bit longer than I taught.

Here is what I started with and how its looks now, but I’ll post a few more photos when I get it complete and up and running again, (Mid-March) completion.. it’s a pity I couldn’t make the Hot end bigger, but I very nearly did buy an Ender 3..(Which is bigger)

P1010660.jpg P1010666.jpg Click to enlarge..

P.S. @Redbrickman showed me how to upgrade my Ender 2 firmware, but that was a bridge to far for me.. :hide

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Wow, brilliant!

Your workhorses sure are earning their keep, and some good TLC!

I've definitely gotten more comfortable over the years with tinkering around the hardware on my CR10, but I'm still not comfortable messing with the controller board or firmware!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
What the fook happened to your avatar? Have you been hacked? :ep