This phone thing is going over the top!

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I use Paypal for payment acceptance. They used to have a fairly concise layout that provided lots of information at a quick glance.......Then they discovered a new interface. So much better with a new interface! They would not say so but it is geared for touchscreens and phones. It is terrible for a desktop machine. Things take so much longer to get done. It clearly was not designed by someone who needs to get something done. It is now literally dumbed down and so inefficient...for smatphones. This is the same error that Microsoft made when they targeted Windows 8.....for the touchscreen. I clearly see this influence from younger folks who grew up with touchscreens. Just want to rant!

I used to use Lotus 123 like it grew out of my hands. With that I could set up spreadsheets and program it much faster than Excel. Then it died a terrible death trying to be in a windows world with a mouse. Slower but prettier....just like Paypal's new interface. I bet half the readers don't know Lotus 123. The days of DOS 3.1 and Lotus 123! Yay.

Then I read this article!

http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/05/death-by-gps/

I could fully understand what happened. People do not have a sense of direction and where they are going anymore. I use landmarks and a sense of direction to decipher where I am headed to and plan my trip. These days so many people just depend on GPS.! Death by GPS!....sure my death as well! when some stupid GPS user, brakes in the middle of the highway because they are on the wrong side of the highway and wants to get across to the other side or is confused with the directions. Worse yet, every couple days I get idiots looking DOWN at the passenger seat weaving in their lane trying to figure out a GPS on the phone or tablet while driving.

Then I watch the walking dead and they have to use a MAP! Remember how to fold those?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Now now Mikling, your starting to show you age, weren’t the old day just dandy. :old
If I could just remember... :idunno