"The Vietnam War: by Ken Burns

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Just finished watching the last of eight episodes.

The most powerful Television I have ever experienced.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was able to get 30 minutes of one episode and it sure was a MUST see. His "The Civil War" , I find equally compelling. Ken Burns does top notch documentaries for mature audiences.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Up to 6th episode. The best epsiode so far was #1 for me. I never knew anything about the real start of the conflict going back to 1945. Incredible, really. I was not aware of the conflict till I was in my teens and then it was over. I was enjoying Creedence Clearwater Revival in the late 60s, spinning records in the Caribbean. Vietnam...is that a place? The first time I knew there was some kind of conflict there was pictures in tabloids from Hong Kong. My mother would buy those but I could not read them. All I saw were B&W pictures of armored vehicles and tanks amongst bamboo fields. Never knew what was going on...and I had other things on my mind in my puberty.

Last edited:

Jeffro Jones

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon mp980
Agreed, it was an eye-opener for me.
My brother was in the army, but our then Prime Minister, Gough Whitlam, withdrew Australia from the conflict while he was training. We were all very reliefed about that. So much insight into an event that shaped our lifes.