The last Pole dance..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Here’s my latest creation, I needed a cylinder to use in a mouse trap I was making, because the little critters are just about to head indoors, so I want to be ready, the cylinder was 25 x 235 mm high and I used Brim to hold it on, it printed perfectly and didn’t budge...;)

P1010232.jpg

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Nice!

Are you making a bucket / spinning pole mouse trap?

Like this one?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Didn't know about the spinning pole trap but I thought of the chipmunk bucket trap.

Instead of plain water fill with antifreeze which will preserve the bodies longer before noxious decompensation occurs if the weather is warm and you don't plan on removing the departed daily. Don't use antifreeze if you are concerned pets might drink from the bucket, else they "kick the bucket". (I hope The Hat has to look that phrase up :D)

Get a slotted spoon, especially one of those cheap wire spoons used with deep frying in woks, to easily remove the critters from the bucket.

Like this one?
I was hoping for two at a time taking a swim but no such luck.

Relocation? :tongue The only reason I can understand for wanting to trap live mice is to feed them to your snake.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes, the old peanut butter roller trick and a bucket of soapy water...
Untitled-2jpg.jpg click to enlarge..
It's a amazing what you can make with a 3D printer.. :D
Get a slotted spoon, to easily remove the critters from the bucket. including a slotted spoon...
@stratman is just trying to be a bit more hygienic using a spoon, but I don’t mind using my hand to fish out the dead critters by the tail. (Each Morning)
My tally of visitors is expected to be about 5 but I don’t mind if they invite a few friends over, because we only get field mice, and our resident Dormice have long since hibernated, so no worries...
else they "kick the bucket". (I hope The Hat has to look that phrase up :D) Nope..
Kick the bucket works fine by me, because I have feed the little buggers all summer and I don’t wish to accommodate them any further... :smack

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Did you design the bar yourself? How well does it roll?

I made one using a metal tube I had on hand and then printed a coupler that allowed me to attach 608 skateboard bearings to it. It spins SUPER easily. Unfortunately I haven't ever caught anything... but I think it's because I don't have any mice (but I do have some rats and maybe they are too big / smart to "fall" for this?).

IMG_20180423_181058.jpg

... and here's a video:

(open it all the way to really hear how well it spins!)

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Mine doesn’t have bearings but it spins beautiful, and time will tell... ;)
(but I do have some rats and maybe they are too big / smart to "fall" for this?).
Try putting some Feckin Peanut butter on the pole first, then it might work... :lol:

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Try putting some Feckin Peanut butter on the pole first, then it might work
LOL! I did AFTER the video... I even used the chunky kind ;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Sounds like you have higher class rats in California. Maybe caviar will work better.

In Cleveland, we can use the mousetraps that have a pedal that looks like yellow swiss cheese and the mice will hit it without any peanut butter.

Our chipmunks are even dumber. The bucket-plank contraption works without spin rod. All you have to do is glue peanuts on the plank and throw some in the water in the bucket. The chipmunks will climb the plank, see the nuts in the water and jump in, even with their buddies floating in the water. Maybe they think it's Spring Break in Fort Lauderdale.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Yeah, we've got rats in the area and also annoying eastern fox squirrels. I'd love to be free of both!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
eastern fox squirrels
We have the same species of squirrels, or, as I call them, rats with bushy tails. We had an ornery squirrel for years. He would purposefully pee and poop on your car if you left it under the tree and throw acorns from high above down onto you if you stood under the tree long enough. His aim was exceptionally good.