The CANON PSP Plugin - Does it take over color management?

peter D

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Hi Jose or anyone who knows the answer to this question about Canon Print Studio Pro software PSP,
NOT ABLE TO CHANGE THE PRINT QUALITY MANUALLY.
I've just watched the older(2011) youtube video of Jose's that addresses the question of whether PSP takes over color management.
When using this PSP with the paper type set to "Other Glossy Paper" and a particular profile (in my case a Precision Colors profile for HP Premium Plus Glossy paper) the application (PSP) half greys out the quality box but always leaves "Quality 2" readable in the box but not adjustable. If I enter the printer driver preferences and select "High Quality" only the "Quality 2" setting shows with that paper type when I return to PSP. The "settings box" in the quality department of PSP is also 1/2 greyed out and not accessible.
Does anybody know what the actual quality setting is being used in this case and is there is some way of changing the quality setting independent of the paper type when using PSP other than changing the paper type to say Canon Pro Platinum or another named Canon paper type.

Needless to say once Pro Platinum paper is selected the settings for quality are still not adjustable only PSP it is now set to "High Quality" regardless of the setting selected in the printer driver preferences options, ie. I'm not able to change the print quality manually even though I'm using refilled OEM cartridges.