test pattern for cleaning

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of test patterns of solid colors that could be used to clean nozzles w/o using up the waste counter?

Websnail mentioned test patterns on the MIS site but I couldn't find them there in support, software, or anywhere else. And I really need solid color like a full JPG page of magenta for example.

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printing large block of solid color on Canon printer with clogged print nozzles is the quickest way to kill Canon print head. This method may work for the printer made by other manufacture(s). But this method does not work with Canon print head.

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
embguy said:
Printing large block of solid color on Canon printer with clogged print nozzles is the quickest way to kill Canon print head. This method may work for the printer made by other manufacture(s). But this method does not work with Canon print head.
Sorry. Should have mentioned this is for Epson with piezo elements. I haven't run into waste ink reset problems with my Canons so the issue does not arise.

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Apparently there are no existing test files available for clearing nozzles.

Can anyone recommend which of the 12 colors in Windows Paint most correspond to the CMY inks? The magenta and yellow seem obvious but which of the blues to use for cyan?

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
If you go to the color, edit color panel cyan is the 5th one on the second row. You can also use "define custom colors" and cyan would be 0, 255, 255 on the red, green, blue scale respectively.

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you. Problem solved. Never noticed that button. I was under the impression only high end graphic editors did that. MS Paint rulz!

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you Tim. That is what I was originally after. Instead of dealing with waste ink reset utilitize better to just minimize the use of waste ink to begin with.

GLO

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tim2900 said:
You guys can try these links to print black and color patern.

http://www.refillinstructions.com/black.htm
http://www.refillinstructions.com/color.htm

And the following link for printing patern of 4 to 7 colors

http://www.refillinstructions.com/Purge/ColorChart.htm

I hope this will help you.
Excellent Find,

Certinly came in handy after resurrecting my Canon MP780 print head with metholated spirits then soaking in hot distilled water, and using a syringe to flush through the heads.

All is back to normal now!

Soon i will have to get some new ink again.

strobemonkey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
that's excellent find Tim, I normally just google up the colour I want then print until I get solid colour. Now its simple...