Tagged post alerts > email?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just a quick one.

As I'm struggling to find time to visit on a regular basis, I'm finding that email alerts are useful for keeping me in the loop but it seems that, other than subscribed threads and PM/Conversations, I'm not receiving any alerts via email for things like Tagged posts which would be really useful to know about.

Any way to enable this or add it as a feature?

Cheers,

Martin

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Hmm by subscribed threads do you mean the 'watch thread' option? Apart from that and the creation of a thread i do not think the Zenforo software which is used for these forums allows other methods to allow email notifications.

The only other alerts i think you can set are found at http://www.printerknowledge.com/account/alert-preferences when logged in.

The only other way around it is at... http://www.printerknowledge.com/account/preferences where you can set an option to make any thread you comment in as a 'watched' thread. Not ideal but maybe a potential work around.

All that said this is probably an entirely redundant post by me as im guessing going through all your account preferences is the first thing you did.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Try here as @CakeHole suggested..

Pref.PNG

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It seems there are several alert settings you can change, but not much you can change about Email notifications. I receive an Email notification if there is a conversation for me, but I don't remember if this is default or a selection I made. I found very little about Email notifications on the personal settings pages.

I agree with websnail that the option to receive an Email notification in case you are tagged in a post would be a nice feature.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I think it does tag you; I had a pain in my butt when this new Forum started first because I was getting mail notifications all day long, so I turned the lot off. :eek:

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
If you select "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..."
in addition to the
"and receive email notifications of replies" options from
http://www.printerknowledge.com/account/preferences
you will get an email and it will tag/highlight the threads you comment on. Bit of a pain as you get an email for every response though but its a kind of work around.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I suppose the only issue is that is kind of dependant on a user using or remembering to use the '@/tagging' option before a username. I initially did not realise there was a auto complete menu option to do that (my fault should had read all the announcements first). For people that have a unique nickname like @websnail it would probably still be easier for him to just use the search function now and again and search his username which would (or rather should/hope) bring up all his recent contributions as well as threads he is mentioned in.

The tagging option is a clever idea though, not sure i want @The Hat poking me every time he has some more poisonous baked goods for me though lol ;) Im still digesting his special cake.