Stylus 3800 invisible print

diody

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hello,
i have new old printer stylus 3800. I inserted cartridges and on printer LCD i see all colours without problem. I made many power cleanings but print C and M only. All cleaning without effect.
First was print with all colours, without PK and MK and now print 2 C and M only. I have service software Adjustment Wizard2 but i do not know. Can you help me please?

Attachments

• blob.jpg
    blob.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 243
  • blob.jpg
    blob.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 273

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What is the history of that printer ? For how long was it out of operation - with/without cartridges inserted ? You may try this - power on the unit and as soon as the printhead is moving pull the power plug - the printhead carriage should be free to be moved this way. Take a piece of kitchen paper , soak it with a window cleaner, frequently recommended in this case Windex , fold that paper and place it down into the print path and move the printhead carriage over it so that the nozzle plate can be soaked for a while, even over night this way. You should inspect as well the purge unit, whether it is not completely dried out or covered with thickened ink smear, you can rinse that area with a syringe and water or that window cleaner. There could be other problems that the ink tubes to the printhead are blocked with dried ink, or that the tube from the purge unit to the waste ink container is clogged and preventing the purge unit to work properly. All that can be a laborious task to clean up . And there is the coding strip, a dark gray small plastic band which runs across the print range and through a sensor at the back of the printhead carriage, that needs a cleaning as well.

diody

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Many thanks for help. I understand you, i know how clean dried jets. But it is not. I have not the history, because printer is from E-bay. When I got the printer, all colours (without PK and MK) print with bands and power cleaning took colours from all cartridges (out of blacks), but without any effect to banding, and the waste ink was filling. Now, when i make cleaning, decrease M and C only and without effect to the bands, again. Can i make some reset in Adjustment wizard2? It makes me feel like some software (firmware) problem.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
that makes further analysis difficult , but overall I would not assume a fimware problem in this case.

diody

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes. Problem is that i have not second set of ink cartridges for testing.

Latest posts