Staples Ultra Premium Matte

André

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma-Pro 100 (PC inks)
Does anyone have any experience with this paper? I enjoyed the Supreme line of papers in the past but the matte does not seem to be available anymore, at least in Canada.

It’s currently on sale 2 for 1 and will probably give it a try but curious to know others’ opinions.

Thanks.

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
I bought a pack last week and toyed around with it. I think it may be the same as the previous double-sided matte. The new package does not say but it is inkjet coated on both sides and is the same size mil/gsm.

I ran a profile with ArgyllCMS, using the Ultra Premium Matte Paper setting on my Epson R2000 (OEM inks for now)

I compared the Epson profile for the Ultra Premium Matte paper to my own profile on the "iccview.de" website (allows a 3d view of gamut). I was surprised, the gamut for the Staples paper almost perfectly fitted the shape of the Epson profile, but was tiny bit larger (epson gamut fitting inside of the Staples paper).

I ran a couple test prints with a known test image and had one of the best results I've had so far with matte paper (tried canon regular matte, epson presentation paper and Red River Polar matte)

André

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma-Pro 100 (PC inks)
Thanks. Great to hear. I was disappointed that they stopped selling the premium matte.