[SOLVED] Kyocera Ecosys p5021 cdn ghost echoes

EcosysUser

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Kyocera Ecosys p5021 cdn
Hi there, l have a Kyocera Ecosys p5021 cdn. I print colour labels in Windows (because my art software is on Windows), and l print addresses on Linux (because that's where l usually hang out). The addresses are printed onto 8-label sheets, where there are 2 columns split into 4 rows i.e. 8 labels in total.

After about 5 months of use l've noticed:

On Linux:
- The addresses print fairly faint, especially on the left hand side of the page. Sometimes l have to aftertouch by hand with a pen.
- The addresses regularly leave ghost impressions on the row below, thus spoiling the addresses printed on the row below.
- The ghost impressions are of the entire address above, and are about 30% the boldness of the address being ghosted.

On Windows:
- There appears to be no issue with the colour labels
- When printing addresses, the addresses come out nice and bold
- There is some ghosting, but the effect is minimal and doesn't spoil the address labels affected. The ghost address echoes are about 5%-10% as bold as the original address being echoed, and moreoever, only the leftmost 1/8th of the address gets ghosted, and furthermore, it's only affecting the left hand side of the page.

So, what do you think is wrong? Could it be solved by a quick servicing? How?

EcosysUser

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Kyocera Ecosys p5021 cdn
Solution found:

In my printer settings (e.g. via the program l'm using to print the document) l need select media type as "Labels" and feed it in via the multipurpose tray (MP tray, i.e. the vertically-opening tray).

That would explain why printing normal documents on normal paper via the cassette tray didn't give any ghosting errors nor any faintness to the right hand side.

Labels being fed in that way were just getting smears and ghosting due to their weird journey through the printer

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Glad you’ve sorted it out, and thanks for your feedback..;)