Sihl photo paper at Lidl Ireland

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I saw the post by Lucas28 about cartridges and checked Lidl websites for my country and neighbouring countries. I found no cartridge offers, but Lidl Ireland offers the popular Sihl photo paper for 6 for 50 A4 sheets. Link here: http://www.lidl-pageflip.com/ie.html?kid=PBihmO see page 34/48, lower right corner. The offer is valid from Monday 22nd of July.

Lidl often has same offers for most of Europe within a few weeks, so I think it is worth checking Lidl folders for your country for the next weeks, if you want the photo paper or ink cartridges.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
PeterBJ said:
I saw the post by Lucas28 about cartridges and checked Lidl websites for my country and neighbouring countries. I found no cartridge offers, but Lidl Ireland offers the popular Sihl photo paper for 6 for 50 A4 sheets. Link here: http://www.lidl-pageflip.com/ie.html?kid=PBihmO see page 34/48, lower right corner. The offer is valid from Monday 22nd of July.

Lidl often has same offers for most of Europe within a few weeks, so I think it is worth checking Lidl folders for your country for the next weeks, if you want the photo paper or ink cartridges.
Thanks for the heads up on that photo paper, I get a couple of packets of that next week at that price,
its usually 7.99 I keep an eye out for the cartridges also..:thumbsup

P.S. I dont suppose anyone would know the sequence of keys to press to enter BIOS set-up
On a WANG 1989- 92 PC Classic, with a Quadtel Corporation bios. :hu

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
PeterBJ said:
The Hat wrote:

P.S. I dont suppose anyone would know the sequence of keys to press to enter BIOS set-up
On a WANG 1989- 92 PC Classic, with a Quadtel Corporation bios. :hu
Maybe the owner of this Wang museum can help?: http://home.wxs.nl/~janvdv/wang/wangmuseum.htm
Funny you should say that, because I had already emailed Jan to see if he could remember it.
Im now waiting on a reply. :)

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I looked and enquired in both local UK Lidl and Aldi. The response in both was that they could not remember the last time they had Sihl inkjet paper.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The paper is sold under the "Sihl" brand by Aldi, and under the "United Office" brand by Lidl, but on the back of the "United Office" paper pack it says "Sihl GmbH", so you could try asking in the Lidl supermarket about "United Office" photo paper.

Your question may be too technical, you could also try asking for printer paper and photo paper.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Confirm that I have purchased this photo paper from my local Lidl's in the past. Not enquired now because I have sufficient, but would be very interested if they had any Canon Ink Cartridges as the product from United Office is very good

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
An update:

Photo paper and compatible cartridges for Epson and Brother are available from Lidl UK from Monday 29th of July

Photo paper and compatible cartridges for Canon type 5/8, 520/521, and 525/526 are available from Lidl Denmark from Sunday 28th of July

Photo paper is available from Lidl France from Wednesday 24th of July

So these items seem to be offered almost simultaneously in many European countries, so it is worth keeping an eye on the Lidl folders if you want the paper or cartridges.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I managed to get 5 boxes of the Sihl A4 photo paper (250) and 5 packs of A3 laminating pouches (100),
all for 47.40 tremendous value..:)

This photo paper is available in the UK from the 29 July..

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thank you PeteBJ for your information regarding Lidl and United Office/Sihl Photo Paper.

I visited Lidl this morning and as forecast, Lidl UK had the packs of 50 sheets of A4 280g microporous PE coated paper at 4.99 and 100 sheets of 10cm x 15cm of the same paper at 3.99.

I estimate they must have at least 100 packs of the A4 on display, so I bought 4 packs and 1 pack of the 10 x 15.

From the description they match the PPD paper I am currently using, but at much lower cost. It will be interesting to compare the two.

Thanks again, well worth the visit.