Sihl paper at Aldi again

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
The half yearly photo paper sale is on at Aldi. This paper is called "netBit" but it is obviously Sihl. I bought this paper half a year ago and I'm very satisfied.

148grau.jpg

The other ad is a very cheap universal ink set. I can't say much about the quality yet, but it comes with a lot of extra's. There is a syringe in the package, a drill, a rubber pump ball, steel closing balls, tape and gloves. The white labeled bottle is cleaning fluid.
Good quality universal ink exists, for instance Lyson, but I have no experience with this "EnVivo".
I bought a set of black and I intend to fill the PGBK with it because that color is obsolete for photo printing.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thanks for the tip. I also think the paper package looks like the paper is made by Sihl. IIRC Sihl has used this image before.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
We really must work on Lidl and Aldi to stock the Pro100 as well as our favourite paper. I received an email advert from a major UK supplier today and the Pro100 with cashback came to £319. I emailed back asking why when in the USA the going price was £61 ($99). Surely the buying power of the EU must roughly match that of the USA?

Last edited:

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
With a price difference like that I should leave Canon as a customer and go for an Epson or another non Canon product!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
With a price difference like that I should leave Canon as a customer and go for an Epson or another non Canon product!
Why should we, the Canon customers in the EU are not been rip off, it’s just that the US customers are getting a better deal that’s all, how do you think their near neighbours feel about it because the Canadians can’t get these discounts either..

Photofan1986

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP540, IP3000 dead :(
I wonder if the offer is also for Belgium. I need some more photo paper, I did a lot of testing lately :p

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
Usually these are on offer in other European countries some weeks earlier or later. Keep an eye on the Aldi offers!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I subscribe to Aldi and Lidl newsletters, so not to miss the photo paper offers. The Sihl paper is not yet available from Aldi Denmark, but maybe it will be soon. It is not yet four weeks since the Aldi Netherlands offer.

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The Sihl paper is available at Aldi DK from Wednesday 26th of March. You can choose between 50 A4 sheets or 150 10X15 cm sheets. Both are priced at DKK 40 or around € 5.36.

It seems like the +/- 4 week rule of thumb, by Lucas28 holds true. :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The Sihl paper is available at Aldi DK from Wednesday 26th of March. You can choose between 50 A4 sheets or 150 10X15 cm sheets. Both are priced at DKK 40 or around € 5.36.

It seems like the +/- 4 week rule of thumb, by Lucas28 holds true. :)
Let’s hope so because that would mean we’ll get here in April so I’ll be watching out for it, thanks @PeterBJ..:cool: