Settlement in Canon Class Action Lawsuit

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Same old, same old, this will interest US customers only, the rest of us can shove the nuts where the sun don’t shine.. :barnie

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Same old, same old, this will interest US customers only, the rest of us can shove the nuts where the sun don’t shine.. :barnie

Even in North America the big winners are usually the Lawyers who take their generous share before dispersing the remainder to the plaintiffs.

rs

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Right. If you include the massive amounts of free paper, I paid probably $50 for the printer, and now they have to pay me $50 or $75 credit, and I get to keep the printer. I'm perfectly willing to take advantage of Canon if they enter into it voluntarily, but this is kind of unfair. Meanwhile, I get $50, but the lawyers get millions.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Well, it's one thing if the printer is broken, but it's quite another to require them to pay people whose printer works fine. I think we need penalties for lawyers who pull that kind of stunt, and they should fire judges who agree to it. That is, assuming I understand the settlement correctly.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880

I think we need penalties for lawyers who pull that kind of stunt, and they should fire judges who agree to it.

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
from Shakespeare's King Henry VI