Setting to print labels from Ebay Epson wf-3640

evonna_21

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson wf-3640
I have called epson several times about an issue I'm having printing labels. When I choose the settings document type I can choose A4 but the paper source I believe it's called. I can choose preprinted, letter or ect so when I print. I have to choose the second drawer then pick A4 then letter setting. I get the error message: Page size does not match settings because my labels are the same sizes as 8.5 x 11. I called epson and they said to choose letter and plain paper for printing labels. I have the same setting for the 1st tray for regular paper printing. Is there a better setting I can do? I print ebay labels.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I believe your printer uses Pigment Ink, which offers water resistance compared to water-based Dye inks. Pigment ink is better for labels that might get wet or smeared by sweaty hands during shipping.

Typical paper that is label paper - has sticky side to it and the printed label peels off the backing such as this - is designed to use Plain Paper settings. Use Plain Paper setting unless the box of label paper instructs you otherwise, such as Matte or Gloss.

If you are NOT using special purpose label paper but instead are using "regular" paper - be it Plain, Matte, Glossy, etc, then chose the appropriate type of paper in Paper Type Settings. See your User Manual page 74. (User Manual - http://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39368.pdf)

Always use the proper paper size (dimensions) unless you are trying to do something specific. Using a mismatched paper size setting will probably cause problems printing the labels on special purpose label paper since the software that instructs the printer relies on specific locations to print the label and where not to print.

About the only other setting to ponder is the Print Quality Options setting. If the quality of the text /image on your label looks poor at Standard Print Quality setting then bump the setting up to Standard - Vivid or High and see if there is a difference that you prefer. See your User Manual p 92 - 93.

I print eBay labels on Plain Paper using the Plain Paper setting, use scissors to trim unwanted border and then tape to package. Sometimes I use High quality print settings, other times just Regular.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You may also need to change your paper size to letter instead of A4, for the printer to accept your label paper...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You may also need to change your paper size to letter instead of A4, for the printer to accept your label paper...
Covered. 4th paragraph.