Service tool v3400 does not work on Canon Pixma Mg 3520

Green Indeed

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG3520
I know nothing about printers, so maybe this site is just for the savvy printer folks. I hope not because I could use some help, big help for sure. So I am pretty sure its an ink absorber error. I was unable to download v4705 tool if that is even the service tool I need? Service tool v3400 is not the right one. So I cant fix this error, and it has been driving me crazy, sense I use my printer daily. So today I am going to purchase something new-I know I do not want another cartage printer as they charge way too much for the ink. As I said I know nothing about printers, I am wondering if there are any suggestions as to what I should purchase, also that might have the least problems showing up as this pixma has not did? It seemed to always have something going wrong with it. It could be user error, I don't know? In the past I was able to fix it but this time I cant find the correct service tool and I am fed up with it. I am ready to buy a new printer I would love your suggestions, the color on this Canon printer were not accurate anyway. I would highly appreciate any and all suggestions! Maybe the right service tool download for this Pixma MG 3520. Any and all help will be fantastic...Thank you! error 5B02

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If you have tried the service tool v3400 on the MG3520. access to service mode is most likely now locked. The only way to unlock the printer is re-flashing the EEPROM on the logic board of the printer. This takes an EEPROM programmer, know-how and the proper file from a same model and unlocked printer.

If you buy a similar model printer again, then maybe a newer version service tool can reset the printer without causing lock-up of service mode. These newer service tools are not found on the web for free download, they are sold on Ebay. Here is a version 5204 that is claimed to support the MG3520 and the ink-tank Canon G models.

An alternative to expensive ink cartridges is the ink tank printers that are refilled from reasonably priced bottled ink.

Normal printers with cartridges are sold with little or no profit, the manufacturers get their profit from the sale of expensive ink cartridges. To get a profit from the sale of ink tank printers and bottled ink the printers are expensive.
Here is an article from druckerchannel.de about ink tank printers from Canon, Epson and HP and here is a translation to English.

The normal two cartridge printers are cheap to buy and expensive to run. The ink tank printers are expensive to buy and cheap to run. So some printing volume is needed before the ink tank printers give the best economy.

Last edited:

Green Indeed

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG3520
Thank you
If you have tried the service tool v3400 on the MG3520. access to service mode is most likely now locked. The only way to unlock the printer is re-flashing the EEPROM on the logic board of the printer. This takes an EEPROM programmer, know-how and the proper file from a same model and unlocked printer.

If you buy a similar model printer again, then maybe a newer version service tool can reset the printer without causing lock-up of service mode. These newer service tools are not found on the web for free download, they are sold on Ebay. Here is a version 5204 that is claimed to support the MG3520 and the ink-tank Canon G models.

An alternative to expensive ink cartridges is the ink tank printers that are refilled from reasonably priced bottled ink.

Normal printers with cartridges are sold with little or no profit, the manufacturers get their profit from the sale of expensive ink cartridges. To get a profit from the sale of ink tank printers and bottled ink the printers are expensive.
Here is an article from druckerchannel.de about ink tank printers from Canon, Epson and HP and here is a translation to English.

The normal two cartridge printers are cheap to buy and expensive to run. The ink tank printers are expensive to buy and cheap to run. So some printing volume is needed before the ink tank printers give the best economy.
Thank you