1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Possible Yello Gello Explanation
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Service/Repair manuals for Canon 7200 and 8700 series printer

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by Swordfish, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Mar 14, 2019
    Swordfish

Swordfish Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    canon ip8750 and ip 7250
    Hi again

I have asked earlier on this issue ...

I am still looking for Service/Repair manuals for Canon 7200 and 8700 series printer. Any suggestion or link where I can find them is highly appreciated.

Best regards

2. Mar 15, 2019 at 5:53 AM
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    The printers are of the PGI-x50/CLI-x51 cartridge generation. I have searched for service manuals for printers of this generation and newer, but found none. The newest service manual I found was for the MG5200 series printers which are of the previous cartridge generation PGI-x25/CLI-x26.

I guess you might need the service manual for resetting the absorber counter on the printers? If so don't try using service tool version 3400 or older on your printers. You will lock service mode so it is no longer accessible. A newer version service tool is needed for instance version 5103 or 5204. These versions are not found for free but are available from Ebay. See this.

The Hat likes this.