Service mode for Pro-100

Grazer5

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, Ricoh Pro 7100S
Does anyone know how to enter service mode on a Canon Pro-100? Or what software/tools are required?
Thanks.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Does anyone know how to enter service mode on a Canon Pro-100? Or what software/tools are required?
Thanks.

Delighted to be able to help somebody. As a user rather than a techie, it is not ofter I get the chance to make a useful reply.

The link below is something I filed away in my "rainy day" file.

DISCLAIMER:
I have never used the service mode, or the information in the following link. My information may be superseded by later more knowledgeable participants

http://www.smoothprinterservice.com/?s=pro100

RS
Always happy to be of service. Have a nice day.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@Roy Sletcher

Very nice link, Roy. A treasure trove of information. :clap

Any idea which Service Tool and where to get it?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thanks.
@Roy Sletcher has provided the perfect answer for you so you can enter Service Mode safely on your Pro 100.

If you have any difficulty getting the Service Tool then PM me and I’ll send you the Tool V3400 which will work, but be sure you know the correct buttons to press before you start, this tool can be destructive if not use properly..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Here is a confirmation that the procedure from smoothprinterservice works.

You find a download link for service tool v3400 here or a Google translation here. Scroll down to post #13 by "Sir Sava". The link works both from the original Russian site and the Google translation. I scanned the download with both AVG Internet security and Malwarebytes Antimalware. No threats were found. The version 3400 is very similar to version 3200 of the service tool. Being newer it possibly supports more printer models.

You find an instruction for use for the older but similar version 2000 of the service tool in the first post in this thread. The download links in that post no longer work. I'm going to edit the updates.

Grazer5

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, Ricoh Pro 7100S
This tool only works on Windows, right?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Yes all versions of Canon service tools only work with Windows. MacOS and Linux cannot be used. Also note that the use of a USB connection is necessary, the service tools don't support LAN and WLAN.

The newest versions of the service tool 3200 and 3400 work with Windows XP, Vista, 7 ,8 and 8.1 and both 32 and 64 bit.

If you don't have a Windows computer, try borrowing a Windows laptop. The version of Windows is not important if it is XP or newer.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just a quick note... the domain for that smoothprinterservice has now defaulted and is up for sale so the info went with it...

... unless someone kept a copy...

LoganP

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA Pro-100
@The Hat @websnail

Hello! I was looking for info on getting into the service mode and using a service tool for the Pixma Pro 100. I was wondering if your expertise might be able to help me out, as most of these links seem to be out of date.
I reset a Pro-100 years ago with a Japanese service tool I found somewhere (which I no longer have). I can't quite figure it out this time around.

Latest posts