1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: How to take pictures of gloss differential properly?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Scheduling a maintenance print

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by farquers, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jan 4, 2017
    farquers

farquers Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    canon pro100
    Hi. I am currently using a Canon Pro 100 mainly to make photo books. Its currently holiday season in Australia and i am looking to travel for a couple of weeks. To avoid head cloggs i was hoping to leave my computer and printer on with a program to print every couple of days. I found this program on a web search, http://www.harveyheadcleaner.com/index.html.
    I wonder if any members have experience with using it or maybe an alternative.
    thanks Farquers

2. Jan 4, 2017
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    R265, L300, L800, Pro 7600
    Qimage by ddisoftware.com allows you to schedule prints of unclog patterns as well, but you wouldn't just buy the software for this reason. But beyond that it is a powerful piece of software for lots of formatting and printing related settings

3. Jan 4, 2017
    farquers

Printer Model:
    canon pro100
    Thank you. I will have a look at Qimage. At the moment I use LR to manage the printing and the layout of pages can be a bit problematic.

4. Jan 4, 2017
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon Rule in My House plus 3D
    Hi@farquers and welcome, the head cleaner site you linked to would be a waste of time and money for your printer, most of these sites deal mainly with Epson rather than Canon printers.

Canon don’t suffer from severe heads clogs like Epson do, and the only proper test print that is recommend on a Canon is a nozzle check print, this can be done by way of a batch file run through Windows Scheduler.

If you plan to take a holiday then print a nozzle check and leave the printer turned off, then cover it with a plastic garbage bag or something similar and leave a small bowl of water underneath the bag.

When you return remove the water bowl first and bag, turn on the printer and run another nozzle check, I am sure the two nozzle checks will be the very same and you’ll be ready to print out all your holiday photos...;)

5. Jan 4, 2017
    farquers

Printer Model:
    canon pro100
    Wow, Thank you for that fantastic information and the welcome. Ill give that a go. Now all i have to do is gather the raw material worthy of printing.
    :thumbsup

The Hat likes this.
  6. Jan 4, 2017
    Roy Sletcher

Roy Sletcher Indolent contrarian Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880

The Hats response makes perfect sense.

I have a Pro100 and go away for 4-6 weeks twice a year and basically follow his recomendations. In my 4 years of use it has only once given a minor problem with a nozzle check upon return, and that quickly resolved with a nozzle clean.

Having said that I would also endorse the positive comments about Qimage if you do a lot of printing.
    The modest cost is offset by its incredible versatility for print operations. The publisher sets the "gold standard" for support and innovation.

Just my opinion.

rs

The Hat likes this.
  7. Jan 9, 2017
    Slagathor

Slagathor Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    Pro 10, MG5320
    PeterBJ and The Hat like this.