Scanning with MP Navigator

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
OK I imagine this is a very simple fix for everyone but me. When I scan anything with the software Navigator that comes with the canon printers, my scans get totally lost. They are being saved according to the date that the scan is done (where I am not sure), but as soon as I select another folder to keep the document in I can't locate the original scan, eventually I locate it but it takes all kinds of digging and I am tired of this. What I want to setup is a folder for scanned images (I have a folder made for scanned documents) this is where I want anything that I scan to go directly to. Not wherever MP Navigator wants to put it. Like I said this is probably a very easy fix

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have an MP830, so the following may be different for your version of MP Navigator, but the principles should be the same.

Open MP Navigator. At the bottom of the window is a small box named "Preferences". Click this and look through the tabs to make selections on the settings you want. For instance, you can have scanned images saved to a specific folder every time regardless of the file name -- tab named "General" then "Save In (Photobox)" to choose a folder for files to be automatically saved to each time.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm I went to preferences (which for me is in top right corner), general,
save in ( MY Box), then selected a folder that I have created, clicked OK at the bottom, but images are still going to MP Navigator EX not the folder that I selected in preferences