Scanning to omnipage using the mp750

robbyn

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have just bought an MP750 and I am having difficulty doing the following. I tried Canon and they said it was not possible:

1. Send a scan using the ADF direct to a program such as scansoft's omnipage prof 14 without going through scangear starter.
a) In other words is it possible to program one of the three scan/photo/copy buttons to output to omnipage 14.
b) If it is not possble then I would like to open omnipage 14 and have it recognise the Canon MP750 scanner. At the moment it only sees the lexmark.

2. Scan using the canon ADF but to output to another printer. I like to scan to a virtual pdf printer such as pdfactory pro because I can then send the output to Thunderbird or to Winfax. Canon Navigator has an option to send a pdf to an email but it does not see Thunderbird, so I can not choose it as an output option.

So far I have not been able to do any of the above with the mp750. I have a lexmark x73 and I could easily do the above by changing the setttings in the print program that comes with the printer.

Robin

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
In Omni Page Pro 14 you have to go to tools, options, scanner and reconfigure the scanner. I'm not sure that OP14 supports that model of all in one. It should because it is supposed to use the twain driver that came with the scanner.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Robbyn, it is possible yes. Omnipage *should* be able to use the auto sheet feeder option, even without knowing the specific model details _without_ invoking the twain driver interface.

I know because I use software that fully supports the ASF without knowing its a Canon.