SC P600 cannot recognize cartridge error

boardbuilderdave

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC P600
Hopefully some one has some insight. I have an Epson SC P600 which I've been using for a few years now with an aftermarket CISS. I performed all the initial set up steps for running the CISS and have never had an issue until a few days ago. Every now and then I'll have to use the chip re-setter when the printer thinks it's out of ink, but this time I got the cartridge not recognized error and nothing I've done will fix the problem. I can't even get into the home screen, maintenance etc.. I've looked all over the internet and I'm stumped. Triple checked and cleaned the cartridges/copper tabs on the printer, tried installing new drivers, tried resetting to factory defaults, reset my PC to a week ago when the printer worked fine... nothing has worked. I need help!

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I suggest to flash the firmware of your printer using the chipless method, so the ink level is always full, especially you are using a CISS system and ink level can be easily monitored from the outside. This way the printer will omit the chip reading (you can even use cartridges without chips or faulty chips) and displays always full to all cartridges. This is a method to circumvent the faulty chips.

boardbuilderdave

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC P600
I suggest to flash the firmware of your printer using the chipless method, so the ink level is always full, especially you are using a CISS system and ink level can be easily monitored from the outside. This way the printer will omit the chip reading (you can even use cartridges without chips or faulty chips) and displays always full to all cartridges. This is a method to circumvent the faulty chips.
Okay, how do I do that? I'm really not that computer savvy.
Thanks for replying though!