Samsung M2835 Laser Printing "hairs"

Anneli Kriek

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5520
Good day,
I have some trouble with my Samsung laser Printer.
It smears and smudges all over the page no matter what paper setting I use. I think it might be because I use thick coated paper 220-250gsm and the toner may not be able t dry quickly enough.
On closer inspection i saw that besides the smearing the printed parts are not flat toner on the pages but it made velvet-like hairs on the page.
Why is this? Anyone seen this before?
Is it the paper I use or is it the toner that might be old?
I really hope its not the paper because it prints so beautifully in my Canon Pixma (Canon Pixma is the best printer ever! :p:love)
I just use my laser printer if I want to add some Foil over my beautifully printed with Canon Pixma, graphics.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Maybe the thick paper is not suitable for your laser printer? You could find out by printing on a standard 80gsm copy paper. If the printer now prints normally it is a paper problem. If the result is the same with the copy paper it is a printer problem.

What is the printer model, and what media types are recommended in the user manual?

Last edited:

Anneli Kriek

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5520
Thank you Peter for your fast reply!
Yes I have done this. When I use normal 80gsm copy paper it does not make the "fuzzies" on the front printed image but it still smears the back of the page with a toner smudge with the fuzzy "hairs"
I have tried all the paper I have coated uncoated, ones that I have used before. It almost seems that all except plain copy paper make the "fuzzies" just to certain degrees. Some longer and more "spaced-out" and some shorter and more dense. If this makes sense?

jammo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG3250, F4180 & 2330dn
I've had problems with toner smudges before, and the first thing I recommend is looking inside to see if any toner has been spilt inside. In my case, moving the printer around had left toner inside the machine. The paper picked up toner from the roller wheels and the paper guide, leaving ugly smudges on the back. Once I wiped the rollers with a damp cloth and ran scrap paper through a couple of times, the smudges disappeared. As for the hairs, are they from the paper itself or thin lines of toner? On my printer, scratches to the blue toner drum stamped thin hair like images onto the paper every few centimeters. If possible, inspect the toner drum for imperfections. If you think that the toner isn't being fused to the paper properly, try turning up the fuser temperature. This'll be detailed in either the user manual or service manual for your particular model.