Riddle me this??

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
OK GUYS - FALSE ALARM - MISREAD THE FINE PRINT ON MY GRAM SCALE - ONLY AFTER FIRING OFF THE MESSAGE DID I REALIZE THE NUMBERS MADE NO SENSE - UNLESS THEY WERE JOLLY GREEN GIANT CARTS

NOTE TO SELF - Think before posting :mad:

Now here's a thing.

For the past several years I have been filling CLI-8 and 42 carts. Because the carts are transparent it has all been visual and easy, almost mindlessly routine.

Couple of minutes ago I took some CLI-42 carts which I had purged after several refills to put into the refill rotation.

On a whim I weighed four of the dry empty carts, and was surprised to find a a substantial difference in the dry weight. From lightest to heaviest the difference was 11 grams. How can this be?

OK GUYS - FALSE ALARM - MISREAD THE FINE PRINT ON MY GRAM SCALE - ONLY AFTER FIRING OFF THE MESSAGE DID I REALIZE THE NUMBERS MADE NO SENSE. UNLESS THEY WERE GIANT CARTS

rs

Last edited:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
OK GUYS - FALSE ALARM - MISREAD THE FINE PRINT ON MY GRAM SCALE - ONLY AFTER FIRING OFF THE MESSAGE DID I REALIZE THE NUMBERS MADE NO SENSE - UNLESS THEY WERE JOLLY GREEN GIANT CARTS

NOTE TO SELF - Think before posting :mad:

Now here's a thing.

For the past several years I have been filling CLI-8 and 42 carts. Because the carts are transparent it has all been visual and easy, almost mindlessly routine.

Couple of minutes ago I took some CLI-42 carts which I had purged after several refills to put into the refill rotation.

On a whim I weighed four of the dry empty carts, and was surprised to find a a substantial difference in the dry weight. From lightest to heaviest the difference was 11 grams. How can this be?

OK GUYS - FALSE ALARM - MISREAD THE FINE PRINT ON MY GRAM SCALE - ONLY AFTER FIRING OFF THE MESSAGE DID I REALIZE THE NUMBERS MADE NO SENSE. UNLESS THEY WERE GIANT CARTS

rs

Second mistake was telling us. Would have taken weeks of debate to get there....

Spoil Sport

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I searched for a post about strange cartridge weights, but found none?

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Second mistake was telling us. Would have taken weeks of debate to get there....

Spoil Sport

Quite right - Getting old ain't for sissy's.

In my world "getting lucky" means being able to find my car in the parking lot.

Oh well they say they brain is the first thing to go!

rs

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Hay! I parked a hire car at the Houston Astrodome in 1981, it took me all my Crocadile Dundee skills to find it........Climbed a tall truck activated the unlock and had a listen, then moved on....HOUR AND A HALF it took!!:somad. When I arrived there were but 100+ cars there, coupa hours later it was darn near full!!!!:he:he:he

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Another Ops moment…:oops:

We were at a big outdoor display back in the 70’s and my wife wanted to go back to the car to rest after many hours, so I told her the car was in row 24 block H.

When I got back 15 minutes later, there she was sitting in someone else’s car and the only way I could convince her that it wasn’t our car was to drive up to her and show her.

Ours was 6 cars further down the same line, same colour, same make, same model, same logo on the front windscreen but different Rag No. but the keys opened the doors !, after that I always put a red cloths peg on the car aerial..:hu

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model

We were at a big outdoor display back in the 70’s and my wife wanted to go back to the car to rest after many hours, so I told her the car was in row 24 block H.

When I got back 15 minutes later, there she was sitting in someone else’s car and the only way I could convince her that it wasn’t our car was to drive up to her and show her.

Ours was 6 cars further down the same line, same colour, same make, same model, same logo on the front windscreen but different Rag No. but the keys opened the doors !, after that I always put a red cloths peg on the car aerial..:hu

Thank goodness for the modern concept of a button on the key fob to sound the horn or flash the lights. Now I just walk around the parking perimeter pressing until I hear the horn, or see the lights flash.

Soon we will just click `FETCH`and our driverless car will arrive ready for us to climb in.

Suck on that Uber!

rs

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Ahhh - the good old days when cars had long extermal arials! These days we rely on pressing the unlock button on a remote and looking for the flashing lights, horn honking, or whatever your car does when it responds to the remote.

Latest posts