Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Hello to all,
I did much research (including that below) but have not found the right answer
can someone please tell me a resetter that will work for sure?

thanks for any info
Roberto

http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...nk-on-the-pro-3800-and-3880.10211/#post-85188

I went through a world of pain trying to get one that works. After several failed attempts got one from our own "mikling" who is a regular contributor on this site. That was over a year ago. Supply and availability may have changed since then.

Can also try his precision colors web site.

rs

bert01980

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R1400
Hello,
thank you all for the answers,
one doubt: if I use a resetter that does not reset the chip,I risk of "damaging" the chip? and can no longer be reset either with a resetter that "working"?

thanks
Roberto

Andre Dumas

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800
Hi Roberto,
I imagine that you are talking about resetting OEM ink cartridges not the maintenance cartridge. If so then I found a resetter that works on all the ink cartridges (not just a few of them) at PrecisionColor, the QE 589 Resetter. It works fine on my Epson Stylus Pro 3800. The only problem I had was in aligning the "prongs" of the resetter with the contacts on the cartridge, it can be done but needs a steady hand. That resetter is supposed to be able to reset the ink maintenance cartridge also but I haven't tried it yet. I also bought a resetter from "ezinkusa" on EBAY but returned it when I found that it would not reset 3 of the cartridges namely the LK,LLK and LM. Those three ink carts are reputed as not being resettable by some (?) resetters. About "damaging a chip" I have not had that problem yet...

Andre

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Andre Dumas, if your having difficulties aligning you cart chip with the resetter prongs, why not glue a piece of plastic or wood to the side of the resetter to help steady the carts during the reset...

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
@Andre Dumas, if your having difficulties aligning you cart chip with the resetter prongs, why not glue a piece of plastic or wood to the side of the resetter to help steady the carts during the reset...

Good idea.

Unfortunately the difficult part is that the degree of precision needed is literally a fraction of a millimeter between making and not making contact.

if God had really meant us to reset cartridges he would have given us three arms and micrometer adjustable fingers. :(

rs

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Roy Sletcher said:
if God had really meant us to reset cartridges he would have given us three arms and micrometer adjustable fingers. :(

I don’t know about the arms, well not on this planet anyway, but he did give us all Micrometre fingers, it’s called the right index...:lol: :lol:

Andre Dumas

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800

Might be a good idea but my workaround is to wrap a piece of masking tape on the cart, glue side up, and to use that to steady the resetter. The obvious remedy would be to reduce the height of the protruding block so that the prongs of the resetter come in contact with the chip without having to set the resetter at an angle to achieve that contact.

Andre

bert01980

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R1400
Hello Andre,
thanks for your experience about it ...
I saw that there are many QE-589 with prices starting from 15 $ to 50 $, and perhaps are the same?

you could put some photos please? maybe even the internal PCB?

many thanks
Roberto