1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: CLI-42 cleaning fluid
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Refilling my HP DeskJet 2620 Cartridge

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard HP InkJet Printers' started by Omarado, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Feb 14, 2019
    Omarado

Omarado Print Lurker

Printer Model:
    HP DeskJet 2620
    It has been a week since I bought my new HP DeskJet 2620 All in one printer and the black ink cartridge already ran out of ink. The company wants me to buy a new cartridge which costs nearly as much as the printer itself. I can't afford to buy a cartridge every week so I have though of refilling the cartridge with ink. I have a friend who has the same printer and he has been refilling his cartridges without problems for about 4 months now.

Both Black and Tri-color cartridges are of the type (123 HP setup XL) I think

So yesterday , I plugged out my cartridge and slowly removed a bit of the HP sticker on the cartridge and put in around 4 or 5 ml of black ink in the middle hole using a syringe.

My friend told me and showed me how it is done and I did as he told me but however, the printer then prints one page then fails to print anymore. when it fails , it either gives me a completely white blank page or just few lines of black ink around , as if it is still empty.

I put in more ink and i see the ink starts flowing out of the cartridge from the bottom of it so I stop it and I try printing again. like before, it prints 1 page completely fine then fails the rest. I am very frustrated by this and I don't know what to do. Does anyone know what could be causing such thing? anyway to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

2. Feb 15, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
  3. Apr 10, 2019
    Patrick Hughes

Patrick Hughes Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma MG3650
    It does depend on how much you were printing in that week. If large quantities then the ink could possible ran out but sounds like its faulty cartridges. This happens regularly with compatible. Try re-setting ink by holding stop button down 5 seconds