Refilling Canon MP 640

alfredsvideo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Help needed for procedure for refilling cartridges on the Canon MP640. I am new to this forum. Apologies if this question has been asked many times before. Thanks, Alf.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
where are you located states euro downunder, that will determine where you get your supplies from, first buy another set of canon cartridges so you always have 1 set of OEM cartridges already filled, your can either buy new or used ones off of the net, my personal preference is to top fill, but you will need to figure out what is best for you, so tell us where you are located, i believe you are using the 220/221 cartridges

M

macbroom

If you read through the forum you will find all the info you need to refill the MP 640.

mrelmo ....Why would you advise a new refiller to buy extra OEMs before he even gets his feet wet?

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
especially for a new refiller, get a second set of cartridges and make sure they are OEM, the easiest way to discourage a new refiller is to use compatible cartridges that may have flow problems among other issues, by having a second set of cartridges, al can pull the empty pop in a full cartridge then work on refilling the empty, once you remove an empty cartridge the sooner that you can put a full cartridge in the printhead the better off you are, agreed?

M

macbroom

I do agree that the sooner you get a refilled cart back in the printer the better but if you pull the power cord and refill one cart at a time that shouldn't be an issue. Most people start refilling so they don't have to buy more OEMs so IMHO his money is better spent on ink,needles,and a resetter.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
pulling the power cord has nothing to do with cartridges being out, but think about what a first time filler will go through once they pull a cartridge out, how long will it be before he gets the cartridge back in. especially never filled before