Refilling Canon Catridges While still in printer

LinkinParkIM14

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Has anyone tried refilling catridges in their printers? I went to a website the other day that had "special catridges" for doing so. Unfortunately i lost the website URL so i have no idea where i was. If i am correct, instead of leaving the air hole open, the air hole was closed, and the ink refil hole was open all the time. If i did this to a regular canon catridge(BCI-6 for me), would this work, or would it have to be on the same side as it is setup now. Has anyone seen or used such catridges that work this way?

Thanks,
Canon Printer NEWBIE
Trent

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
1st of all
It's gonna be a mess if you fill your catridge inside your printer instead took it off.....or it's allright if you want to coloring your printer here and there
2nd next
Yes indeed there is a special catridge to allow you to do this!
3rd more
You can't do this on your regular catridge cause your catridge have a unique ink mechanism
4th ....
These kind of special catridge seems to be having some problems with overflowing ink, it was already posted in this forum few days ago. try to search it...
5th....
if i'm not wrong these special kind of catridge usually called as " Spongeless catridge " or " refillable catridge " try it at google

:)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've read where people use OEM carts and refill in the machine, but I'm not brave enough to try it. I've seen how quickly some cartridges can leak when the refill plug is removed.

It just doesn't seem much easier. I much prefer pulling the carts instead of leaning over to access the carts in my printer and trying to work in a cramped space. Also I like being able to pull the carts and take the opportunity to see what is going on and have a good look at what the ink is doing as I'm injecting it into the cartridge.

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
Rob,
I'm working on a new method of refilling that will eliminate syringes and totally eliminate (except for the terminally clumsy) inky fingers. I've e-mailed fotofreek with the details and once I've finalized and tested it, I'll post pictures and instructions here. If it works as designed the refilling procedure for BCI-3 & 6 tanks will be even easier.

Back to the original post, refilling OEM or conventional 3rd party tanks without capping them is asking for a big, big, mess. While there is a strong likelyhood of leakage during the refilling process, the greater risk comes from leakage due to a poor seal after the refill is completed. Without removing the tank for refilling, there isn't a way to insure that a proper seal is made and that the tanks aren't leaking.

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
BTW to me it is better to see those ink splash on my hand rather than on my printer :D
and it's too risky to do that....
beside the risk of overfilling, you also can't see the condition of your sponge.
And imagine how those ink catridge hold the ink with the filler hole opened and running all the way your paper width. the ink gonna spread everywhere. i mean is a huge...messs....
better than that a cfs is better.....but for all of us here....seems...fighting with the syringe is the best time we ever had......

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Ha! Sometimes I don't even know anymore which is more fun to do, printing, or refilling!
Not seldom have I opened the printer cover to check how much ink is left in the cartridges and find myself dissapointed because I didn't find any single cartridge that needs refilling!

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Blaster i think wee need to open a new departemen in the college.
And it should be called the " Refillogi " and a new desease called " Refillophobia " instead " biologi " :D

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hahahahaa. That's what you'll get when you get bitten by the Refilling Bug!

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes that was wright blaster. And i also think that there is to much ink running through my vein than my blood :)
And Link Park
for an addition there also an ink catridge called as " spongeless catridge " which is really2 spongeless. But these catridge also have a problem issue with the ink supply to the nozzle

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
BlasterQ said:
Ha! Sometimes I don't even know anymore which is more fun to do, printing, or refilling!
Sad but true! I know exactly how you feel. There is a special connection I have with my printer that every time I refill I feel that much better about how much money I'm saving!

Latest posts