Refill CLI 551 photo black cartrige with Epson T6641 ink

Mars Mihu

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6850, IP7250; HP9050DN
It is possible to refill Canon CLI 551 photo black cartrige with Epson T6641 ink?

I own Canon IP 7250 and IX 6850 which both works with CLI 551 carts. I bought refillables ARC (cube1113) from eBay. Used Inktec ink, which work acceptable but clog the printer's head frequently, now I've replaced ink with OEM Canon GI-490 CMY but still searching for photo black replace ink. Please consider I live in eastern Europe and can not buy from USA.

Joe Soap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Eastern Europe - inside or outside the E'U ?
Please do not mix inks - Canon and Epson - for use in a Canon printer, Epson printheads are somewhat less sensitive in this
respect , I sometimes test Canon inks in an Epson printer - at my own risk.

floK

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IX6850
Hi, Mars Mihu (Salut!),
I'm from Romania too (Bucharest) and I use to buy inks for my IP 7250 from OctoInkjet: http://www.octoink.co.uk/ , which is also very reliable and sells good quality stuff (furthermore, its owner is one of the oldest and most respected members of this forum - websnail).
I also strongly advise you not to use anymore refillable ARC cartridges, as they are poorly built and, in time, could destroy your printer. It just happened with my previous IX 6850 (if you wish, you can read the whole history here and here and here and here and here :) )
I recommend you to get a set of OEM cartridges and to refill them by vacuum method, as in this video.
Maybe the FillBill tool is too expensive (~100 euro), but at OctoInkjet there is a refill kit that is cheaper and does the same thing: http://www.octoink.co.uk/news/415/.

Mars Mihu

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6850, IP7250; HP9050DN
@Mars Mihu, That would be a bigger mistake than using ink from EBay

You mean Epson ink or OEM Canon GI-490 ink? And why?

I also strongly advise you not to use anymore refillable ARC cartridges

This ARC (http://www.cube1113.com/world/index.php/refillable-cartridges-for-canon-pixma-550.html#.Wse_Sn9RVhE - hope link will work) seem better built than those frequently sold on eBay, i use them for about 2 years (10-15 refill cycles) and they still in good shape, there are no signs that the sponge should be flushed. The only problem is that periodically i need to remove the refill plug for 1-2 seconds to allow the air to enter to the ink compartment, ink flow and proper saturate the sponge.