R3000 Roll Paper Printing Question

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
I have a question regarding the R3000 and the roll paper option, I'm hoping someone of you with an R3000 can answer it:

Is it possible to print images continuously on the roll without cutting each one after it's printed? i.e. send multiple pages to the printer in one go (through Photoshop, one by one), and let the printer print all of them with a small blank space between each without having to stop, cut and reload the paper after each one.

I'm going to use it for printing album spreads, which are usually 30cm wide by 80+cm long, so if I'd be actually able to print the whole album in one go would save a lot of time. The 4/7/9xxx models do have this functionality, even if you select not to use the auto cutter after each page.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I am not sure as I only print on my 2200 on roll because of their great auto roll paper cutting attachment.
When print, one after the other without cutting you have to choose Roll ( Banner )

I know that other RXXXX series also have that choice so that might be it!

Joe

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
I am not sure as I only print on my 2200 on roll because of their great auto roll paper cutting attachment.
When print, one after the other without cutting you have to choose Roll ( Banner )

I know that other RXXXX series also have that choice so that might be it!

Joe

Any chance you can try that? Doesn't have to be photo paper or even a roll in that matter.
(attaching the two paper holders should be enough to trick the printer into thinking it's using roll paper I believe, then you can feed it a sheet of paper and print two small images consecutively)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I will probably have to decline. You see, my printers are all on racks against the walls and I can barely access the rear feeders on them. The only one I have out in the open is one of the 2200s and by choosing Roll ( Banner ) it does permit you to print image after image with minimal waste. If you do not, then the roll advances about 4-5 inches so the printed image extends way beyond the front of the printer.

Joe

Latest posts