R3000 chip resetting question

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
I'm looking to get an R3000 and a good CISS or refillable cartridge set to go with it, and I was hoping one of the R3000 users here could help clarify something:

Does the R3000 go through a mini priming cycle every time a cartridge's ink level is reset (like the R2000 and other models with moving cartridges), thereby wasting some ink?
Also, from what I understand, pretty much all chips currently on the market are not auto reset and have to be reset individually, unlike CIS systems for other printers, for which there is a chip block allowing all the colours to be reset simultaneously.

Is there a system that allows all the colours to be reset at the same time, even though some haven't reached the "empty" level yet?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Costadinos,

My experience is that resetting does not force a cleaning cycle at all, provided you shutdown the machine, refill the cartridges and reset and turn the machine on. This was with my previous Epson R3000, which I have sold in favour of the Epson 1500W (as I already have a very good K3 machine: Epson Pro 3880).

So: no cleaning cycle when you reset the machine, unless you remove a cartridge from a working machine and put it back: then it will execute a cleaning cycle. So shutdown the printer, refill and reset, put the cartridges back and you will not have a cleaning cycle.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
What about when you then send a print job to it? Does it still not do a purge?
I know that with the PRO 3800 and RPO 3880 there is no ink purge of any sort whether you replace carts with the printer on or off. I thought the R3000 with its similar externally mounted carts ( Not directly on the print head carriage ) it would behave in the same manner. Guess not.

Joe